Callan-Harris Physical Therapy, P.C. (CHPT) celebrates the first anniversary in their new clinic with a ribbon-cutting ceremony and Wellness Fair, Friday, October 5, 2012, from 2:00 pm-6:00 pm., at 1328 University Ave. in Rochester. Everyone is welcome; the suggested donation at the door is $5 and includes all activities.
The theme of the Wellness Fair is “CHPT Returns the Favor.” “Our staff all felt like we wanted to give back to the community,” said owner Susanne Callan-Harris, PT-MS. “Since we have a wonderful new facility and can accommodate classes, a wellness fair seemed like a great way to do it.” Callan-Harris added, “We work with many patients who have had breast cancer and lymphedema, so we decided to make it a fund-raiser for the American Cancer Society.”
All proceeds from the event benefit the American Cancer Society’s “Making Strides Against Breast Cancer” walk. Donations will be accepted at the door, and a “Chance Raffle” including items from local artisans and arts organizations will be going on throughout the afternoon.
• Lori’s Natural Foods demonstration on healthy foods—with sampling
• Fitness Classes: Try out a free 30-minute class, including Fluid Motion, Easy Fit, NIA and Belly Dance
• Education Corner: Postural Screens, Nutritionist, Stress Management and more
• Image Consultant Kay Noske, ACS’s “Look Good Feel Better” program
• Information on lymphedema and compression garments from Juzo ®
• “Chance Auction” with items donated by: Garth Fagan Dance, Rochester City Ballet, Rochester Broadway Theatre League; Nazareth Arts Center; Goddess Hour; Lori’s Natural Foods; Movie Star Makeover®, Purple Iris Pottery and other area artists.